Sunday, October 3, 2010

What I have to offer

Recently I have been blessed to be able train hands on, become friends with, and regularly communicate with outstanding instructors.  Marc MacYoung, Rory Miller and Steve Jimerfield.  So being the ever competitive perfectionist I am I have to ask what can I offer that these guys aren’t already doing?  Why reinvent the wheel?  As I see at, these men are nomadic.  What I mean by that is that these men spend a lot of time literally traveling across the world to teach large amounts of people (including me) for relatively short periods of time (a week).  What I can do is train a relatively small number of people for years.  Also, those guys are great at making you better at your art or system.  I am not there yet, but I can make you better at my system.  That is what this Budo Blog will be about.  Keishoukan Budo has gone through significant refinement over the last 5 years.  While it will never be stagnant, it will always adapt to the needs of professionals, I feel that now I have a system and training process which is unique and ready to be presented to the public.  So, what if after training with those guys you come to a hard recognining?  What if your art sucks?  All arts can be made to work, but what if you have spent lifetime training in a style then realize that all that training is worthless in an actual violent encounter?  I can provide a system and training method that from day trains its students for that violent encounter.  It will have other positive aspects of traditional martial arts training but the end goal will always be surviving violence.   My Dojo is unique that we are one of few that trains the concepts that  Marc MacYoung, Rory Miller and Steve Jimerfield profess 3 days (or more) a week 48 weeks a year.  My Dojo is the only full time Taiho Jutsu (One on One Control Tactics) school in America.  So bottom line is I can provide a system that works and a place to train on a regular basis.  I can take that system and training to Police Departments and Dojos around the state and I can share my thoughts and experiences here for anyone to read.  That’s what I have to offer

2 comments:

  1. I can testify to the simplicity and effectiveness of your training system. And your training method creates competence through repetition and great drills. Competence breeds confidence... as I heard you say once or twice.

    What you have to offer is a touch of genius. You have a knack to make complicated things simple, to be able to break down every techniques in it's simplest components and being able to adapt them to people's ability. You can bring all those things together in one happy system.

    Don't sell yourself short... you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, as you know modesty is not a flaw I suffer from. I wont sell myself short :)

    ReplyDelete